<i>Kanji</i> printing types of the early part of the Meiji period and the JIS unificayion standard ---Experimental application of the unification standard upon printing type forms in "<i>Meiroku Zasshi</i>"---

Bibliographic Information

Other Title
  • 明治前期の漢字活字とJIS漢字包摂規準―『明六雑誌』活字字形への,包摂規準適用実験―

Search this article

Description

国内規格JIS X 0213に定める「漢字の字体の包摂規準」の,明治前期漢字活字に対する有効性を,当時の雑誌『明六雑誌』の電子化を通じて検証した.『明六雑誌』第1号,第26号の2冊,計7,442漢字を対象に調査を行ったところ,JIS X0213文字集合のみで処理した場合のカバー率は86%であった.これに対し包摂規準を適用して処理を行うと,199設定されている包摂規準のうち81が実際に使用され,カバー率も98%まで向上することが確認できた.The domestic standard for kanji character codes, JIS X 0213, prescribes the "unification standard of kanji character forms", a regulation to be applied to kanji variants. The paper examines the effectiveness of the unification standard over the printing types of the early part of the Meiji period, using "Meiroku Zasshi" as a sample. In the course of construction of an electronic corpus of "Meiroku Zasshi", we conducted research upon 2 issues (1st and 26th). Among 7,442 kanji printing types included in the sample, 86% initially correspond to the character set of JIS X 0213. When the unification standard is applied to the processing, with 81 out of the total 199 detailed regulations being employed, another 12% printing types are newly processed, increasing the total processing rate to 98%.

Journal

Details 詳細情報について

  • CRID
    1574231877590330624
  • NII Article ID
    110009424955
  • NII Book ID
    AN1010060X
  • Text Lang
    ja
  • Data Source
    • CiNii Articles

Report a problem

Back to top